The East-West Center (EWC) now has a higher education page on LinkedIn. You can view the page here: http://linkd.in/1tgAF2O.
If you use LinkedIn, please consider taking 1-minute to update your profile by including your EWC affiliation in the EDUCATION section.
Continue reading →
Together with our Alumni and Associates, we are working hard in developing our two online professional networks, the Online Community and Directory, and the East-West Center Alumni and Community LinkedIn Group.
For those EWCA Alumni and Associates trying to find the job posting at the EWCA Online Community and Directory, here’s an easy guide on how to do that.
NOTE: under each step, there will be a screen shot with a red box indicating where to click.
Step 1: Go to the EWCA Online Community and Directory and click on the Career Center Services link on the left menu bar.
Step 2: All EWCA constituents will need their User IDand password to access the Career Center Services section. Contact the EWC Associates Office at Alumni@EastWestCenter.org to get your User ID if you’re accessing the Online Community for the first time. There are no fees or obligations associated with the Online Community and Directory. This is a special service limited to you as a member of the East-West Center Association.
Step 3: After logging in, click on the Job Postings link on the right hand side. It’s the first item on the far right column of links.
Step 4: Click on the Search Job Postings link.
Step 5: Just hit the search button at the bottom of the page and this will retrieve all job postings for EWCA Alumni and Associates.
If you are currently using LinkedIn, or are interested in developing a LinkedIn professional network, the EWCA can help you get more out of your EWCA membership. The EWCA has organized a networking group on LinkedIn called the East-West Center Alumni and Community that is open to all East-West Center Alumni. It is easy to join, and the best part is that it is FREE! By joining LinkedIn and becoming part of the East-West Center Alumni and Community group, you can:
- Communicate and network with other East-West Center Alumni
- Receive East-West Center and Asia Pacific-related news
- Search and/or post jobs
- Share your travel plans with other LinkedIn and EWCA members via Tripit
- Share MS Powerpoint presentations with your network
Some EWCA members who are currently on LinkedIn, and part of the East-West Center Alumni and Community group:
- Larry Foster – Former Dean, UH Law School, Former President, EWCA
- Stuart Coleman – Author, Eddie Would Go
- Satu Limaye – Director, EWC Washington
- Lori Forman – EWC Board of Governors
Instructions on how to join LinkedIn and sign-up for the East-West Center Alumni and Community group:
- Go to www.linkedin.com
- Enter “first name,” “last name,” “email,” and choose a “password”
- Fill in your LinkedIn “profile”
- Search “groups” for the East-West Center Alumni and Community
- Request to join the East-West Center Alumni and Community