We’re pleased to announce a new EWCA award for outstanding service. The EWCA 21st Century Outstanding Service Award recognizes East-West Center participants whose initial involvement in a program was after the year 2000 and has provided outstanding service to the community.
Please remember that the deadline to submit nominations for this award, the Distinguished Alumni, Outstanding Volunteer, and Outstanding Chapter Awards is September 30, 2015 so send your nominations in soon! Details for all awards can be found at http://www.eastwestcenter.org/alumni/ewca-honors-and-awards. Awards will be presented at the 2016 EWC/EWCA International Conference in Manila next January.
EWCA 21st Century Outstanding Service Award
Nominations are now being accepted for the new EWCA 21st Century Outstanding Service Award. This award recognizes East-West Center participants whose initial involvement in a program was since 2000 and has provided outstanding service to the community.
Eligibility: The nominee has successfully completed the provisions of their first respective participant award after the year 2000. Current participants, EWC staff, sitting EWCA Executive Board members and Board of Governors members are ineligible.
- The nominee has provided outstanding service to her/his community. “Community” may include a geographic area, a professional organization, or a network of organizations engaged in activities that strengthen intercultural understanding, economic and social empowerment or civic engagement;
- The service provided may be voluntary or part of your professional responsibility, but the quality of service is evaluated as above and beyond normal expectations/standards.
- In the event of equally qualified nominations, preference will be given to nominations submitted by EWCA chapters.
- EWC staff, alumni and alumni chapters may nominate individuals.
- Nominations made by chapters should be submitted by the president or recognized leader on behalf of the chapter. Please attach a list including the names and signatures of at least three association officers who endorse this nomination.
- Nominations submitted by individuals should be supported by at least three other EWC alumni. The names, signatures and contact information for each person supporting the nomination should be included.
- Please provide a narrative statement with the reasons for your nomination. Nominations will be reviewed by the EWCA Nominating Committee and recommendations will be made to the EWCA Executive Board for final disposition.
Award Presentation: An appropriate certificate or plaque will be provided to the awardee/s during an EWCA event such as an EWCA Conference, EWCA Board Meeting, or Chapter Leaders Meeting.
Deadline for receipt of nominations: September 30, 2015. The nomination should provide sufficient information to clearly identify the nominee’s contributions based on the criteria listed above. The nomination should be endorsed/signed by at least three EWCA alumni members.
Submit nominations to: Associates Office, East-West Center, 1601 East-West Road, Honolulu, Hawaii 96848, Fax: 808-944-7376, or email to alumni@EastWestCenter.org.