Chapter’s Current Officers, Board or Committee Members:
- Seiko Furuhashi, President
- Kiyoshi Hamano, Vice President
- Nobukazu Tanii
- Hayato Yamanaka
- Fumiteru Nitta
- Yumiko Okamoto
- Tomohide Ashida, Adviser
- Mineo Suenobu, Adviser
- Eiji Saito, Adviser
The Kansai Chapter held the Annual General Meeting at Kansai University on May 28 (Sat.) . The number of participant was rather small but we had several new faces, including Ms. Eriko Yamamoto as a guest from the Chubu Chapter. We had a nice get together and Seiko informed Gordon Ring’s retirement , then a traditional farewell memento, Shikishi, was signed by all participants and mailed out to Gordon.
The attendees from Kansai Chapter were as follows:
- Hisomasa Takamura ’70 Lecturer, Kansai University
- Fumiteru Nitta ’75 Professor, Kibi International University
- Seiko Furuhashi ’82 Associate Professor, Osaka Gakuin University
- Nobukazu Tanii ’82 Head of the International Education and Cooperation Section, Kwansei Gakuin University
- Fred Anderson ’84 Professor, Kansai University
- Kiyoshi Hamano’85 Professor, Kansai University
- Yoshinobu Onishi ’09 Professor, Osaka University
On Saturday August 5th, 2011, we are planning to have the Board Meeting in Osaka, the venue and time: TBA. The advisers and new members are invited to join as observers.
The plan on joint activity with UH alumni group in summer was cancelled due to the heat and members’ schedule conflicts during the summer recess. Instead, we will plan a picnic or some fun gatherings sometime in the Fall.
- Contact the EWCA Kansai Chapter